Day 1: Frankfurt to Heidelberg
Start your journey in Frankfurt, the financial heart of Germany. Depending on your preferences, you may want to spend some time exploring the city before embarking on your journey.
- Leave Frankfurt in the early morning, at around 8 am.
- Drive along the A5 towards Heidelberg, one of the best-preserved medieval towns in Germany. The drive should take about an hour.
- Spend the rest of your morning and afternoon exploring Heidelberg.
- Visit the Heidelberg Castle (Heidelberger Schloss), one of the most famous ruins in Germany, and enjoy a panoramic view of the city from the castle gardens.
- Also, explore the Old Town, which is home to the University of Heidelberg, the oldest university in Germany.
- Spend the night in Heidelberg. The Hotel Europäischer Hof Heidelberg is a wonderful option, offering luxurious accommodations in the heart of the city.
Day 2: Heidelberg to Baden-Baden
- After breakfast, leave Heidelberg and head towards Baden-Baden. The drive should take about 1.5 hours along the A5.
- Baden-Baden is a beautiful spa town located at the edge of the Black Forest.
- Visit the Casino Baden-Baden, one of the oldest and most beautiful casinos in the world.
- Take a relaxing bath in the Caracalla Spa or the Friedrichsbad, which offers Roman-Irish bath traditions.
- Overnight in Baden-Baden. The Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa offers luxury accommodation with beautiful park views.
Day 3: Baden-Baden to Triberg
- After breakfast, leave Baden-Baden and head to Triberg, the heart of the Black Forest. The drive along the B500 should take about 1.5 hours.
- Triberg is home to the highest waterfalls in Germany, the Triberg Waterfalls.
- Visit the Black Forest Museum (Schwarzwaldmuseum) to learn about the region’s history and culture.
- Do not forget to check out the House of 1000 Clocks to see an impressive array of cuckoo clocks, a specialty of the Black Forest region.
- Spend the night in Triberg. The Best Western Plus Hotel Schwarzwald Residenz is a comfortable choice and offers stunning views of the surrounding forest.
Day 4: Triberg to Hohenzollern Castle to Frankfurt
- Leave Triberg early in the morning and drive to Hohenzollern Castle. The drive should take about 1.5 hours along the B33 and A81.
- Hohenzollern Castle is a breathtaking castle situated on top of Mount Hohenzollern.
- Spend your time exploring the Hohenzollern Castle and enjoy the magnificent views of the surrounding countryside.
- Leave Hohenzollern Castle and head back to Frankfurt. The drive should take around 3 hours along the A81 and A5.
- You should be back in Frankfurt by the evening.
Please note: This itinerary is a general guide and may need to be adjusted based on your specific needs, interests, and the operating hours of attractions and restaurants.